More than 125 years of history in Italy have seen the presence of the brand BÖHLER in the Italian market, closely integrated in the productive structure and fostering the industrial developmento of the country.
The brand BÖHLER is strictly linked to a long tradition of steelworking in Austria, dating back to 1446.
Find out more about Böhler History
The Austrian brothers Arthur and Emil Böhler, representative agents of the steel mill in Kapfenberg, with a history dating back to 1446, established the first branch in Italy, in the city centre of Milan. They started by selling both alloyed and non-alloyed tool and construction steels and at the beginning of the twentieth century Böhler was the first company selling high speed steels in Italy, where it was highly successful.
After First World War, larger offices and warehouses also equipped for the cut of bars were opened.
Headquarter in Milan, new branches opened in Brescia, Torino, Genova, Padova, Bologna and Napoli to face the increased demand during the post-war reconstruction years and the “economic miracle” of the 1960′.
Following the merger in Austria of BÖHLER, SCHOELLER-BLECKMANN and STEIRISCHE GUSSSTAHLWERKE AG, Böhler in Italy became parte of VEW ACCIAI SpA
After reorganisation of the Austrian head office, VEW ACCIAI ITALIA S.p.A. changed its corporate setting into BÖHLER ACCIAI ITALIA S.p.A., thus reviving the famous old brand name.
The group voestalpine AG from Linz, European leader in the steel industry, takes over the group Böhler Uddeholm AG.
Böhler Uddeholm, since 2011 named voestalpine Edelstahl GmbH, represents the Division Special Steel of voestalpine, beside the three Divisions Steel, Metal Engineering and Metal Forming.